Installing Layer Styles with .xml already provided: Photoshop Elements 8

Home Forums Tutorials Installing Layer Styles with .xml already provided: Photoshop Elements 8

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Photoshop Elements can be a bit confusing to get layers styles to work but if you follow the steps below you will then enhance your digital scrapbooking by being able to use more effects!!!

FEEL FREE to post any questions or troubles you are having (:

I have used Karen Hunts Photoshop Edges to write this tutorial.

With Photoshop Elements CLOSED; go to the Layer style you purchased or downloaded and right click > copy or click it once and Cntl + C.

Next copy and paste the layer style and the metadata.xml file to:

Vista:
    C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\8.0\Photo Creations\photo effects

XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings \All Users \Application Data\Adobe\ Photoshop Elements\8.0\Photo Creations\photo effects

Open up Photoshop Elements 8.

Make sure your photo is on a separate layer or on your layout. Make sure also that layer is selected.

5. Next click on the layer styles.
    ScreenShot524

6. Find the layer style you want to apply in the drop down.

7. Click Apply.

8. Now if you make further adjustments such as size, opacity, etc by clicking on the “Fx” on your layer.

9. Drag around what you want to change (I have already made changes here); make them whatever you want (:

10. My final photos using the installed style: [before-top and after-bottom x2]

ORIGINAL

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.